The “blogspot” name in your blog’s address is the Internet domain that the Google Blogger service uses to host all Blogger blogs. When you create a new blog through Blogger, the service automatically assigns a “blogspot.com” Web domain address. To remove the “blogspot.com” address from your blog, you can switch to a new custom domain name through the Blogger service. Once set up, Blogger automatically forwards your blogspot blog to the new domain.
1. Sign in to your Blogger account. Click the “Settings” link in the submenu under the title of the blog that you want to move to a custom domain.
2. Click “Publishing” in the Settings navigation menu at the top of the page.
3. Scroll to the “Buy a Domain for Your Blog” section. Type your preferred domain name into the input box beside “What address would you like your blog to have?” This is the part of the address that follows the “http://www.” prefix.
4. Select your preferred top-level domain from the drop-down list. Options include “.com”, “.net”, “.org”, “.info” or “.biz.”
5. Click the blue “Check Availability” button. If the address is already taken, amend or replace your preferred address name, and then click “Check Availability” again. Repeat this step until Blogger displays a success message stating that the domain is available. Click the “Continue to Registration” button.
6. Type your name and contact details into the input fields. Blogger automatically populates the fields with the information you entered when you set up the Blogger account, so you’ll usually need to just complete any gaps or correct mistakes.
7. Click and select the check boxes to confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions for Blogger and GoDaddy, the Web hosting firm that Blogger uses for custom domains. Click the blue links above the check boxes to read the terms and conditions in full.
8. Click the “I Accept. Proceed to Google Checkout” button. If you have a credit card, debit card or electronic payment method registered on your Google Account, sign in with your account user name and password to pay with this method. Otherwise, enter the payment method information — account name, number and expiration date — into the applicable input fields. Once you’ve confirmed the purchase, Blogger will transfer your blog to the new domain and replace the “blogspot.com” address with the new domain name.